Re: a question about recording with audacity

Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...>

Hay good idea I will try that.

On 7/3/2018 1:07 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 09:56 am, Bobby Vinton wrote:
I can hear my screen reader very well butt my voice is very low.  I want to put them together at the same volume.
Are you recording this using a separate track for the output from the screen reader (which, of course, is the input to that track) and the input from your microphone?

The easiest thing to do would be to record in this way and then you can apply the necessary volume gain to your voice track after the fact until you get the mix you want, then save the Audacity project file out to some common audio format like mp3.

Also, have you checked what the recording volume is for your USB microphone?  You might be able to boost that if it's not already at 1.0 (I wish Audacity expressed this as 0 to 100 rather than 0.0 to 1.0).