Re: accessibility training is important too.

Jackie

Hey Brian, you're absolutely correct. 1 time I was in my oncologist's
office, & he was going over his list of systems, & he asked if I had
any difficulty w/my vision, & I was sitting in front of him. It was a
crackup! Sometimes you just get so engrossed in a scrip you forget. We
both laughed till we hurt.

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 08:58 pm, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Just goes to show these people are clueless to what's going on.
Not that I'm defending true cluelessness, but do take into account that it's
sometimes easy to forget "in the heat of the moment" of trying to fix a
problem that someone might have mentioned that they are blind.

The truly clueless won't miss a beat and will continue on as though you
didn't remind them. The situationally momentarily clueless will usually
apologize for having slipped into routine and start troubleshooting how to
troubleshoot with you.

Even I have, on rare occasion, found myself slipping into a moment of
talking to a blind person as though they can see. It's what happens when I
remember, or get that nudge to remind me, that's different from the truly
clueless.

There are mental scripts one has for one's typical audience or audiences,
and it is far too easy to slip into the wrong script upon occasion.

--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a
well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com