Re: browsing with edge,

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

I don’t know about that. I don’t have an MS account, yet I can use the Mail and People apps successfully. Not sure about Calendar though.

On 21 May 2016, at 04:47, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Rosemarie,
Yes, you need to create a MS account which is a good idea. You need that to use the win10 mail, calendar, and people apps as well.
Take care.

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 8:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge,

hello, Rosemary!

I think you would need to have an MS account in order to log in and use Cortana Or, I may say to rather to create one to use it specifically for Cortana

Robert Mendoza
On 5/21/2016 8:44 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, David,

Don't you have to have a microsoft account to use Cortana? I just bought myself a computer microphone and am thinking of trying her out.

Rosemarie
-----Original Message-----
nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io
] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 2:29 PM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi Gene,
Cortana results come up in Edge regardless of which browser you have set as your default. Good News! NVDA can access the information in Edge that Cortana gives you when you talk to her. Cortana can already do much more than Siri on an iPhone, so we should all take advantage of her on our win10 computers. For example, I ask cortana to give me the baseball scores, and Cortana said the scores of the games that were live at that time. However, I used NVDA just with the arrow keys to read all of the scores, final or for games that were still being played. This is powerful. I asked Cortana to give me information on the election, and Cortana read an article to me, but there were many more articls to read in the results in Edge. It is really time to take Cortana seriously, because we can already use her to do more than Siri can do. This is why it is important to read those results in the Edge browser, and guess what? NVDA can access Edge five times better than JAWS. I use both screen readers, and JAWS cannot do anything with Edge like NVDA can. Take care, and love Edge, because that is the only browser that Cortana can put her results in, and that information is indeed accessible with NVDA. Take care, all.

mailto:gsasner@ripco.com

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 5:03 PM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io

There are certain things that only work with Edge regardless of whether you had a choice before. Recently, Microsoft made certain things use Edge regardless of what is set as the default browser. There may only be two of these things. I know one had something to do with search, perhaps searching somehow in the start menu. Whatever the case, if you set another browser as the default and something brings up Edge, then you probably have no choice but to do whatever you want to do directly from within the browser you want to use.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

mailto:casablanca_31@hotmail.com

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:12 PM
To:

Greetings,

I find Edge very slow, it takes few mins to have voice feedback when it is launched. I tried to get rid of it and make Firefox the default but it comes back in certain situations. Is there a way to completely disabled it? I prefer using Firefox even though lately it is having problem with Flash player acting strangely. Any suggestions on these issues is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io
] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:44 PM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge, and finding links that aren't links

There is more than just speed to consider. Firefox still uses a different interface and it is a more convenient interface. Chrome shows all sorts of things such as history and settings as web pages. Firefox has a lot more add ons. Firefox has a document reading feature that blind people can use. I tried using a Chrome add on for this purpose and I couldn't use it. I don't know if there are other Chrome add ons that implement this feature.

It appears to me that Chrome hasn't even put short cut commands on some or many of its menu items. That sore of thing is and has been standard since the mid-nineties.

Gene

mailto:pam.otter@gmail.com

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 11:54 AM

To:

ofr me it's the same!

chrome is in the most situations nice and quick, more than most other browsers.

google has made accessibility extentions it is recommanded to install for example the extention that let you navigate with the arrow keys.

cheers

paul otter

----- Original Message -----

mailto:bvinton@optonline.net

To:

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 6:36 PM

Hay very good news google crome is now accessible as well. I now use it as my default browser

On 5/20/2016 12:32 PM, Peter Beasley wrote:

That browser is not fully accessible. Use internet explorer or Mozilla firefox.

mailto:kenlawrence124=aol.com@groups.io

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 4:16 PM

To:

Subject: [nvda] browsing with edge, and finding links that aren't links

Hi listers ken here have a vexing problem. on two local radio stations namely WOLD-lp, and WMGQ in NJ I can’t seem to find the listen live. on WOLD the problem is simpler. the listen live appears as a heading, but not as a link, clickable graphic or button just the words listen live. this is the only way to listen to the station without tunein radio since they have change from a winamp based stream to a flash based popup player. they have changed stream providors. what must they do to make there stream appear as a link and not just the words listen live? then on Magic 98.3 the problem is even stranger. in order to listen to all greater-media owned stations you must register for their listener clubs. in the case of magic 98.3 additionally you are only able to listen to them if you live in NJ, Pa area. same with active rock station WDHA in dover NJ. must assume the same condition is true with WRAT the jersey shore based rocker. I have tried on three different browsers to log into the station and the listen live is nowhere. no button, no links, no graphics. there are listen links connected to interviews/features but not the stream. didn’t try the word play but no play buttons exist then just now using the edge browser with NVDA clearly hit the letter f found the edit field, but when entered the stupid site thought Oh you searched for your email address, sorry no such thing. so edge is obviously out since NVDA can’t seem to focus on the right edit field. so my question is this, how do I advise the webmasters of both radio stations? especially magic 98.3 since I’m technically a music club member? the websites for both are
www.woldradio.com <http://www.woldradio.com> for oldies 107.9 and www.magic983.com <http://www.magic983.com>
for WMGQ. perhaps someone with partial sight can advise on this one. is it a fix on my end possibly?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.