Re: ocr with latest nvda on win7-64

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

If you are using the add on make sure the item is in focus then as you
know do the command nvda + R if i remember right.

With the add on as well you will need to use the review text or is it
the other way around text review commands.

You use the numeric keypad to do this.

7 is previous line 8 is current and 9 is next.

4 is previous word, 5 is current word and 6 is next.

1 is previous character, 2 is current and 3 is next.

If you want to copy the information use the nvda +key + F9 key to start
a mark at where you want to copy from and the nvda key + F10 key twice
to copy it to the clip board.

I do have a audio tutorial on what to do i would have to find it there
might even be a text one as well.

Sections in the user manual is 5.4 and 5.5 which is text review and
object navigation where the copy commands come from.

Gene nz

On 7/6/2018 2:36 AM, Rusty Perez wrote:
Hi folks,
I have the ocr addon installed but when I press nvda/R NVDA reports
that it is performing ocr, but I don't know what to do next.
When it is finished, I seem to be back in the exact same place where I started.
I'm trying to read a screen shot provided on a page of instructions.

Any help using OCR with NVDA would be appreciated since I'm also
trying to use software which may only be accessible using OCR..

thanks!
Rusty