I should have mentioned that I am using Master snapshots. If the developers don't stop this behaviour, it is lying in wait for all of you in version 18.3.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2018/07/06 01:24 PM, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

I must admit I haven't ever gotten this either.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joshua Hendrickson
Sent: 06 July 2018 12:17
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A plea to NVDA developers

I never get that message either. I just start up NVDA and away it goes.

On 7/6/18, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Hello Christo,

Strange thing indeed! I never get the dialogue. I got the request
once, and never again.

I'm sure there's an option to avoid that.

I've checked my settings. Under Settings, General, the relevant
checkbox is checked here. It's the last one before the OK.

hth, ciao,

Ollie

Il 06/07/2018 12:15, Christo de Klerk ha scritto:
Hello to NVDA developers on the list

I understand the need to get a user's permission to collect usage
data, but popping up that dialog at every start-up of NVDA is totally
over the top. Please please please don't do that. Please include a
"Don't ask me again" checkbox in the dialog and retain the option in
General settings. This is not something on which one would regularly
change one's mind. It is really annoying and irritating to have this
dialog pop up with every start-up. If you feel it is necessary, pop
it up during installation and during an update or provide the option
not to be asked again.

Kind regards

Christo

--