Re: A plea to NVDA developers

Gene

One of the real advantages of having automatically save settings off is that you can experiment with different settings and never worry about accidentally saving them.  Or you can intentionally make changes intended only for one session and not forget and accidentally have them saved if you close the program or shut down the computer, which would shut down the program.  Users should be expected to learn certain basic things about the programs they use.  I consider it a real disservice to users to have automatically save settings set as the default.  There is such a thing as too much automation.

A user might set something like voice speed, or the voice to be used, or punctuation level, or who knows what manually and accidentally save something there was no intention of saving.

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2018 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A plea to NVDA developers

I wonder why it did not do it though, unless its been turned off. Maybe if
autosave is turned off some options like this one need to be staored or a
warning to the effect that it was not stored spoken?
 I always leave  the auto store on as otherwise things get very confused.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-