Re: I've had it with Firefox

Lenron

I must agree it works great for youTube

I actually hate chrome on windows. I dunno what it is. It’s fast but to me
feels sticky and clunky. I will only use chrome for youtube as that’s when
it in my humble opinion works the best.

On Jul 7, 2018, at 1:29 AM, Angela Delicata <angeladelicata@...>
wrote:

Firefox is too slow for me: i have abandoned it for Chrome which is far
better and Ithink usable too.

If you try Chrome, you will no longer want to use anything else.
Just a suggestion of course.

Il 06/07/2018 19:00, Dave Grossoehme ha scritto:
You could have a valid point on video cards or even sound cards. It's
known that different processors make a difference on what software is
running

Insider Dave

On 6/29/2018 4:52 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Gene,

This whole issue with Firefox is odd, but since I have seen no
complaints about Firefox sluggishness or unresponsiveness from sighted
people, the issue has to be somehow related to screen reader usage
and/or the way JAWS, NVDA and other screen readers interface with
Firefox under very complex conditions. I am still wondering about video
card or internal video chips conflicts. I know everyone at Freedom
Scientific/VFO used to get mad at me when I worked for them every time
something like this would happen with a program--wherein some people had
no issues and others had several issues. I would bring up video
card/chip conflicts of issues and they would yell at me that all such
issues involving screen readers (in the words of the old gospel song) it
was all settled long ago. Still, I wonder!

On 6/29/2018 5:10 AM, Gene wrote:
this discussion needs perspective, in my opinion.

Which version of firefox is inefficient with memory? According to a
review I read of the new Firefox, it is much more efficient with
memory. and efficient or not, no browser is going to require that a
computer have 4 or 5gb of RAM to work.

and the slowness is, as far as I can reasonably infer, because of
unresolved accessibility issues. Since there are very conflicting
reports, with some people being very pleased with the new Firefox and
others not, we'll have to see how things work out over time. Something
unknown is evidently causing a wide disparity.

If you read reviews by sighted reviewers, the new Firefox is very fast
and is now a realistic competitor to Chrome.

Regarding privacy, according to one or two reviews, Firefox is now
better at protecting privacy, or providing options to do so, than
Chrome.

Waterfox is based on an ESR version of Firefox. it's a small operation
and how well it will keep up with security fixes that are necessary is,
as far as I can see, not known. How will it keep up in general? If it
bases itself on ESR versions of Firefox, and with a new ESR version of
Firefox coming out within about a week or less, are all the advantages
you like in Waterfox going to disappear? the new ESR version of
firefox, on which Waterfox is based, will be a quantum version. We'll
see what it is like and how people comment on it here.

There is, at present, far too much that isn't known about future
developments. A strong antiFirefox bias predisposes against making the
best choices in future and may cause people not to pay attention to
future developments as soon as they might, thus, perhaps, delaying
benefiting from future advantages.

From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>