Re: NVDA and windows 10 safe mode

Brice Mijares

I believe someone posted this on this list some time back and I saved it. Never tried it, but I'd make sure someone with sight was around the first time I try it.
Hi all,
You can reboot in to safe mode by doing the following:
press windows plus r and type
msconfig and hit inter
press ctrl plus tab to get to the "boot tab"
tab to "safe boot" and check the check mark
tab to "base video" and check it as well.
tab to the OK button and press it, you'd get a prompt to restart
computer to apply changes,
if you select "restart now" your PC should restart into safe mode.
after finishing your PC job with safe mode, do the same steps above
but this time uncheck the two check marks above for both safeboot, and
base video. and press OK and restart,
your PC will restart to the normal mode.
I hope it helps.

On 7/7/2018 11:41 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hi,
It is indeed a registry hack/edition. I don't know where it is, and at
least for me on a win10 home x64 system running 1803 it did not apply
cleanly therefor it did not work. Your results may vary.
The audio in safe mode is screen reader independent, you can try
narrator or NVDA but without working audio, which this fix does, you
won't get feedback.
Thanks.
Dave.
I remember it was a registry hack, but narrator should be able to do this
for you now. Don’t ask me how by the way, I am just reporting what I heard
and what I remember.

On Jul 7, 2018, at 10:06 AM, Don registry, Jr. <donaldrisavy@...>
wrote:

Someone a while back mentioned something about being able to use NVDA on
the windows 10 safe mode and would talk.
So wondered how does someone get that to work if possible with the latest
NVDA?
Thanks.
Don