Re: Can't uise the NVDA menus

John J. Boyer

I found that I wasn't using the NVDA menus properly. I find them confusing.

John
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 09:59:13AM +0100,
Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:

Have you tried creating a portable version on the hard drive and using that
just to see. i fully realise that some things are not readable with a
portable version but it might point to where the issue is. If it is a copy
made from the one that fails, assuming of course it works enough to allow
you to do this, then a finger might point to the issue rather better.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] Can't uise the NVDA menus

Hello,

I am using an Acer Swift 3 notebook with Windows 10 home and NVDA
2017.1.1. Either the configuration or NVDA itself has
become corrupted. Many menu items don't work and it is delivering messages
about no headings at Level 1. I can't reset
it to factory defaults, assuming that works, because it would go to no
Braille and I couldn't use the machine at all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

--