Re: new member with tons of question on NVDA.

Monte Single

Hi Jim,

The ugly voice is e speak.

To get a new voice;

Open the nvda menu with insert+n,

Arrow down to preferences submenu,

Choose synthesyzer,

You will find a sapi  choice ther,, choose it with eenter,

Open preferences again,

Now arrow down to voices,

Chose a   voice you  like,  hit enter,

Open  nvda  menus again  and  choose save changes on exit.

This should work, if it does not, I know there are  people on this list who will help further.

Just about all the basic commands for working  with menus, docs and reading and avigating text are the same as jaws.

You will not be disappointed.!!

Monte