416-818-9411
ami.ca
Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sylvie Duchateau
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2018 4:51 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 18.2.1 and bluetooth audio issue

Hello Chris and all,
I had the same issue with my bluetooth headset and NVDA not talking in the headset but in the speaker.
To solve the problem, go to nvda settings, chose the speech tab, synthesiser, chosse change, and tab to "output device". Choose the one that is accurate, then ok, and it should work.
I have never been aware of this output device before, but since I changed it, this works.
Best
Sylvie
Le 08/07/2018 à 01:02, Chris O'Brien a écrit :

@Mark – thanks for verifying. I wanted some validation that it wasn’t a localized issue involving my machine.

Do you know if NVDA is aware or if a bug report has been issued? Also, did your issue start in v2018 also?

Chris O’Brien
Accessibility Officer
416-818-9411
ami.ca

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 18.2.1 and bluetooth audio issue

Hi yes I have the same problem,

Using the latest version of NVDA and windows 10

With all updates

If I have my NVDA coming out of  my speakers

And I am  listening to music through my blue tooth headset

Soon as I switch over my Bluetooth headset to  NVDA I lose all sound

Mark.

Tune in to the number one station on the web TAFN radio
http://tafn.org.uk/listen
Or for our catch up service on demand http://www.tafn.org.uk/on-demand
or for our upcoming weekly schedule
http://www.tafn.org.uk/radio
part of the accessible friends network
www.tafn.org.uk
Registered UK Charity: #1108043.
Sent from Windows 10 Mail.

Sent: 07 July 2018 22:31
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 18.2.1 and bluetooth audio issue

As of release 18 I have been having issues pushing NVDA output to my Bluetooth headphones on my Windows 10 laptop. All audio output from the laptop is successfully sent to the headset (including JAWS output) except for NVDA which plays from the laptop speakers. Interestingly enough, when I toggle the earphones off the audio stops playing on the desktop.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Chris O’Brien
Accessibility Officer
416-818-9411
ami.ca

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized distribution, disclosure or use is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender and delete this email, including any attachments, immediately. Thank you.

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized distribution, disclosure or use is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender and delete this email, including any attachments, immediately. Thank you.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.