Re: Question regarding NVDA and speaking message columns in Outlook

Cristóbal

Jus to follow up to this. Turns out, My office updates were disabled resulting me being on an older version of Outlook. Once I enabled it and updated my Office products, this issue of NVDA announcing before every message “No associated draft” went away. It seems it was a known issue with NVDA.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan
Sent: Sunday, July 8, 2018 1:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question regarding NVDA and speaking message columns in Outlook

Was this done by reducing the number of columns in your Outlook view? In JAWS the column that indicates an attachment is present in a message is only spoken when there is actually an attachment. Also, the status column is not spoken for messages that have been read and no other action has occurred on the message.

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn