Re: browsing with edge,

Lino Morales

Gene dude there is no such thing as privacy anymore unless you go ahead and snip off your ethernet CAT5 cable or turn off wifi which means you are offline. Don't know how or really care how MS collects my INFO and use on my WIN 10 PC. I do however hope they can emplement user CTRL in installing updates. Only choices we have now is setting WIN t to download updates if you hyave a metered connection which I don't or automatically update. I know some people are anal about what's being updated.

On 5/21/2016 9:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I hope you read my previous message.  Are you aware of the concerns I've discussed as well as others I haven't?  Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to attack those who have valid well-thought-out reasons not to upgrade.  I see nothing in Windows 10 that I want enough to cause me to spend the time and the possible unforeseen problems, to update.  I'll get Windows 10 in the same way I've3 gotten earlier versions of Windows.  When I purchase a new computer with Windows 10 on it.  Also, keep in mind that Microsoft isn't giving away Windows 10 because it is an altruistic company.  They are giving it away so they can make more money from users in various ways.  I'm not saying this is not a reason to use Windows 10 but I find it offensivbe that Microsoft uses Windows 10, I don't recall just where, perhaps on the desktop, perhaps on the start menu, to show advertisements.  there are reasons to use Windows 10 and reasons not to do so. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge,

Amen to that, Lino. Some people need to grow up and act like adults.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 1:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Just because Edge isn't yet accessible to us screen readers yet doesn't mean WIN 10 is not bad. I'm actually getting sick and tired of seeing comments like this on this list. Just because 1 piece of software doesn't work don't mean the whole OS is crap. Grow up you all and do your research befor upgrading or buying a WIN 10 PC.

On 5/20/2016 5:31 PM, Peter Beasley wrote:

Sounds like another reason not to upgrade to windows  10.

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 10:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

There are certain things that only work with Edge regardless of whether you had a choice before.  Recently, Microsoft made certain things use Edge regardless of what is set as the default browser.  There may only be two of these things.  I know one had something to do with search, perhaps searching somehow in the start menu.  Whatever the case, if you set another browser as the default and something brings up Edge, then you probably have no choice but to do whatever you want to do directly from within the browser you want to use.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:12 PM

Greetings,

I find Edge very slow, it takes few mins to have voice feedback when it is launched.  I tried to get rid of it and make Firefox the default but it comes back in certain situations.  Is there a way to completely disabled it?  I prefer using Firefox even though lately it is having problem with Flash player acting strangely.  Any suggestions on these issues is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>  [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge, and finding links that aren't links

There is more than just speed to consider.  Firefox still uses a different interface and it is a more convenient interface.  Chrome shows all sorts of things such as history and settings as web pages.  Firefox has a lot more add ons.  Firefox has a document reading feature that blind people can use.  I tried using a Chrome add on for this purpose and I couldn't use it.  I don't know if there are other Chrome add ons that implement this feature.

It appears to me that Chrome hasn't even put short cut commands on some or many of its menu items.  That sore of thing is and has been standard since the mid-nineties.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 11:54 AM

To: <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

ofr me it's the same!

chrome is in the most situations nice and quick, more than most other browsers.

google has made accessibility extentions it is recommanded to install for example the extention that let you navigate with the arrow keys.

cheers

paul otter

To: <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 6:36 PM

Hay very good news google crome is now accessible as well.  I now use it as my default browser

On 5/20/2016 12:32 PM, Peter Beasley wrote:

That browser is not fully accessible. Use internet explorer or Mozilla firefox.

From: ken lawrence via Groups.io <mailto:kenlawrence124@...>

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Subject: [nvda] browsing with edge, and finding links that aren't links

Hi listers ken here have a vexing problem.  on two local radio stations namely WOLD-lp, and WMGQ in NJ I can’t seem to find the listen live.  on WOLD the problem is simpler.  the listen live appears as a heading, but not as a link, clickable graphic or button just the words listen live.  this is the only way to listen to the station without tunein radio since they have change from a winamp based stream to a flash based popup player.  they have changed stream providors.  what must they do to make there stream appear as a link and not just the words listen live?  then on Magic 98.3 the problem is even stranger.  in order to listen to all greater-media owned stations you must register for their listener clubs.  in the case of magic 98.3 additionally you are only able to listen to them if you live in NJ, Pa area.  same with active rock station WDHA in dover NJ.  must assume the same condition is true with WRAT the jersey shore based rocker.  I have tried on three different browsers to log into the station and the listen live is nowhere.  no button, no links, no graphics.  there are listen links connected to interviews/features but not the stream.  didn’t try the word play but no play buttons exist then just now using the edge browser with NVDA clearly hit the letter f found the edit field, but when entered the stupid site thought Oh you searched for your email address, sorry no such thing.  so edge is obviously out since NVDA can’t seem to focus on the right edit field.  so my question is this, how do I advise the webmasters of both radio stations?  especially magic 98.3 since I’m technically a music club member?  the websites for both are <http://www.woldradio.com> www.woldradio.com <http://www.woldradio.com>  for oldies 107.9 and <http://www.magic983.com> www.magic983.com <http://www.magic983.com>  for WMGQ.  perhaps someone with partial sight can advise on this one.  is it a fix on my end possibly?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.