From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

What is the next level? Are you editing an mp3 file and then saving it again as an MP3 file? Every time you edit a file and then reencode it while saving, you lose audio quality. Either do all your editing in a lossless format such as wave, then save the final file as MP3, or edit an existing mp3 file using a program like MP3 Direct Cut, which edits existing MP3 files and saves the edited file without reencoding it. If you edit and save an MP3 file reencoding it every time, after three or four saves, you will start to hear significant audio degredation.

There may be other things you should know as the discussion continues about how to decide if you want to edit in a lossless format and save the entire file as an MP3 as the last save or use a program like MP3 Direct Cut.

For now, basics such as just what you want to do would be the place to begin.

If you edit an MP3 file using a program like MP3 Direct Cut, you may introduce artifacts, depending on how the recording program recorded it. You can use a recording program that eliminates this problem. I'm saying that here so you know you have that option.