Re: why is thunderbird marking all new messages as read?

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

I did turn offf the preview pane.Thunderbird is working better now. Thanks for that great advice.

Rosemarie

On 7/11/2018 1:12 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

           Are you, by any chance, arrowing down through the list of messages in your inbox?    If so, double check that your preview pane (or whatever Thunderbird calls it) is not turned on.

           The default settings in Thunderbird will mark messages as read after something like 5 seconds of being displayed in the preview pane or being opened in a separate tab for reading.  If the preview pane has accidentally been turned on this could be your problem when you slowly cruise through your inbox.  I believe that F8 will toggle the preview pane off and on.  You can also check View menu, Layout, Message Pane.

          ~ Richard Dehmel