Re: PDF t9 Word keeping footnotes

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello Quentin!
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't to how to navigate PDFs with NVDA. I have always converted them in word. But, now I get material in which footnotes are very important. Can I navigate them in the PDF itself? Can you give me a link on navigating PDF with NVDA?  I need the ability to -
1. Add, read and edit comments.
2. Highlight text and navigate highlighted text as you suggested for word in my previous question.
3. Navigating footnotes by jumping to the footnotes from the respective reference number.
4. Other basic commands like - reading para by para and skim read feature

Basicàly, I need an efficient way of reading footnotes, as you can do in word. But, I only receive PDFs and as you said converting them to word won't help.
Sometimes I also receive scanned books in PDF.  Can footnotes in them would be read as well?
Could daisy be a solution?
Sorry, for the lengthy post, but this is important.

Thanks for your time!
Regards