From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] PDF t9 Word keeping footnotes

When you say you can't access the PDF properly, is Adobe Reader reading any
of the text? If you need to use Abbyy to convert it to readable text, then
there likely isn't a way of converting to a Word document and keeping the
footnotes.

If you need it for school and are finding you have to use Abbyy to make it
readable, I would advise trying to convince the school to give you a more
accessible format to begin with. Otherwise, they will assume it works
fine and keep sending you the same format. Note that PDF can be perfectly
accessible, so I first ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader
just in case.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:36 AM, Sociohack AC <acsociopath@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for spamming guys! I'm new to assisting technology.
Is there a way to convert a PDF to word and keep all the footnotes intact?
In such a way that they can be accessed with alt plus S, H, command.
Need to work on a book for school project but can't access the PDF
properly. And when I convert it to word in Abby fine reader, footnotes
become the part of the flow text. This makes them hard to identify with
NVDA.
Hoping someone can help

Regards

--