Re: difficulty with a certain website (yes, it's one o' those)

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey Gene.

I did not see those buttons. I did not use the links list. I hardly ever do. I did search for both links and buttons, the latter of which I kind of expected to see,  by arrowing around with the focus but also using the navigational keys b + shift-b.

However, for some reason, they were not showing up for me at the time.

Now though … after reading your message and poking at the site again, I have been able to see them by clicking on the link that says “graphic”. I do not know why this wasn’t visible for me before. When I use jAWS, it still doesn’t seem to be, but I was able to get the shop to pop up by clicking around the title headings. NVDA does seem to be doing better at this, as in, I can consistently find the graphic link and click on it to access the shop, but somehow in my experimentation I missed this before.

It’s very strange. Maybe it was too early in the morning for me, but I’m now not really sure how I could have missed them. That whole dialogue starting with the audio player and containing the various buttons to stream, purchase, was simply not being read, and I don’t know why. Now that I look at the address bar I can see the url has changed to shop.bafflegab.co.uk, and I don’t think that even happened before.

So it was either a site glitch or I’m much worse at this than I thought.