Re: Request for a new NVDA feature

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I find the pauses SAPI5 uses to be unbearably long. Tyler Spivy, I think it was, who posts on this list, provided a solution. You can adjust the pauses to the length of your choice by editing an .ini file deep within Windows. However, every time there is a major windows update, your settings are revoked, it seems.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sociohack AC
Sent: July 13, 2018 11:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Request for a new NVDA feature

Someone on reddit told me that in Voice Dream Reader you can control the duration of the pauses after punctuation and sentence break. It would be great to have similar feature for NVDA.  SAPI 5 voices do provide intonation pauses, but they also provide pauses after command keys, which makes them slow for general navigation. Maybe, we could have a feature enabling the users to toggle between extended pauses and short pauses.  For general navigation short pauses will be great, like they are in Espeak, and for reading long documents long pauses would be very helpful, like they are in SAPI 5 voices.
Someone please introduce this feature.  --
--
Regards,
Sociohack