From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 9:56 AM
To: Nvda List <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Edge is Starting to Grow on Me.

Yes. That is before the add on. I noticed that when I was on a job website yesterday. It’s very flid and works a lot better.

On Jul 13, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@gmail.com> wrote:

Good day,

Well with Joseph's announcement about the NVDA Try Build, I decided to invest more time in using Microsoft's applications on my Windows 10 PC.

Started things off with the Microsoft Edge browser.

Not sure if it's the new Try-Build or a lot of changes have recently been made to Edge overall, but it works pretty damn well with NVDA.

NVDA reads All of the push notification bar messages automatically. It also informs me when the page has fully loaded (Loading complete.) Most of the NVDA quick navigation key shortcuts do work to quickly jump through web content.

Love... love... love... the Reading View ([Ctrl]+[Shift]+[r]) feature of Edge. This alone is starting to make me a Chrome to Edge convert.

I hate to say it, but managing Favorites in Edge is much much easier to do then with Chrome in my humble opinion. Microsoft uses a traditional Treeview structure in their manager. Very nice!

The only problem I'm having is when I find myself sometimes being placed in the toolbar icons pain of Edge. I quickly jump back to the web page content by pressing [F6]. I just get annoyed with this at times.

Curious why they don't implement a shortcut key to display that entire pain (Similar to [Ctrl]+[i] for Favorites, [Ctrl]+[h] for History, and [Ctrl]+[j] for Downloads?) I could simply hit the [Escape] key to hide/dismiss it again.

Reading Joseph's recent email regarding the Try-Build of NVDA being released and us really caring about the changes Microsoft is implementing all the time to make their line of Windows applications more accessible got me thinking.

Why can't I give their programs a chance? Yes, in the past I've
experienced a lot of problems with their applications. That doesn't
mean they've not made efforts to correct things (Due to feedback from
Insider testers and bug reports.)

Time for me to start using the free tools Microsoft has developed and stop searching for replacements. And I mean all of the tools (Even the bug report and feedback submission tools.) This is key to helping Microsoft fix things they may not yet be aware of.

By the way, if you want a nice resource listing Microsoft Edge keyboard shortcuts:

Visit
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5620-microsoft-edge-keyboard-short
cuts-list.html

It really has morphed into a pretty good browser. I'm going to start using it more.

-Kenny