Re: pauses after punctuation and sentence end in different speech synthesizers

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

It would also be helpful if NVDA could pause at the end of a line where there is a hard return. This would not only make poetry reading more enjoyable, but it would also make it easier to spot hard returns when editing a document. In other words, you may have accidentally press the Enter key while typing a sentence and not realize it. I've done this myself a few times.

System Access pauses at the ends of lines where there are hard returns, so I can't imagine why NVDA couldn't be programmed to do the same. Of course some people may not want this feature, so perhaps it could be turned on or off in the preferences or with a hot key.