From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge,

AAh yeah I agree on search even in 7 I havn't used file search that much unless I have a large list.
Ok so maybe I need to practice the start menu a bit more maybe I just need to get used to it.

On 21/05/2016 9:51 p.m., Pete wrote:

hi Shaun

The apps thing is a big list of all the programs installed on your
computer. You can navigate using down and up arrow keys. Use the
application key for pinning to start screen / etc. I like the start
screen, kind of like a second desktop. I unpinned every thing from it
and just pinned what I wanted up there. I just have recycle bin on the
desktop. Recycle bin can be hidden or removed from the desktop I think.

I don't care for the file manager with the search! I mean come on how
many search boxes do we really need?

I'll even go as far as I like the start screen better than the start
menus from 98 and up. It's the greatest thing m s has done in a long
while.

Pete

On 5/21/2016 3:24 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well to be honest, I upgraded 1 machine to 10 that I have access to.
Here is where I stand with 10.
When I do eventually upgrade I am confident that with all the advances
with features, lockscreens, and other things that I can probably use
10 at least the desktop with vary little modification to the registry.
While now that the system has done with indexing I can do single
letter search in start and it actually comes up fine.
3. I am confidant that with all the things ms has at least for the
desktop I will be fine.
5. I know some of my way round bits of the new ribbon.
6. I am sure with ribbon disabler, and classic shell I may be able to
make it look 7 like.
6. I think I am getting used to the task manager bits of action
centre and settings.
What I havn't figured out are the apps just yet or the ms account thing.
I think in the short term if I need to I will be able to use 10
without any real issue.

On 21/05/2016 9:31 a.m., Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
i am positibve that all will be working well within the next little bit,
as in maybe the next few official win 10 updates. Ms keeps saying by
the end of this year.
So let's all hope so.

Scott