Re: Jeff's addon repository

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have not looked lately to know what this add on is, but it used to actually say that it would only work on machines where a free to use version of the synth was installed. This would indicate to me that its either Via Voice or a very old copy used with Jaws prehistoric versions!

If the add on is very old it may not even work on newer versions of nvda in any case. I think the site does hove abandoned and older versions of all sorts of bits and pieces and really any of them are truly at the users own risk. we here cannot condone their use as we have no idea where a lot of them come from.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

That isn't a legal add on. Eloquence can be purchased legally. There is a SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and there is a legal add on that can be purchased. The add on, however, has very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts. The SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try them.

But regarding your original question, the list doesn't offer support on illegal software as a matter of list policy.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is safe to download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.