I very rarely post on this list, but this message warrants a response.

I, too, have had CCleaner install Avast even when I've declined the offer during installation. Once it's launched, it seems to do something in the background to install it. As a result, I began using the portable version of CCleaner to avoid this problem.

I believe this is unacceptable, but until now, had also never seen anyone discussing the issue, so I figured I had done something to trigger it. But perhaps not.

On 7/13/2018 4:35 PM, Gene wrote:
Then why has no other CCleaner user reported the problem not just on this list, but on the other two active Windows users lists I'm on?  It doesn't seem plausible.

How have you tried to remove Avast in the past?  And if you really think its CCleaner, why not completely remove CCleaner and see what happens?

But rather than do that, doing what I suggest below may yield the wanted result without doing unnecessary and likely ineffective work.

I don't know how you might stop it.  the question may well be too specific and essoteric for the list.  Why not ask somewhere like Bleeping Computer where geeks hang out to help with technical questions that range from simple to obscure.

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:28 PM
Subject: [nvda] I think Avast is a virus :-)

I'm having terrible trouble stopping this anti virus once installed and
removed from making frequent attempts to reinstall itself. I have a
suspicion that Ccleaner is responsible for apparent random downloads in the
background without any input from a user. It then sits there and out of the
blue  comes up as installing.

Does anyone know of a third party program that can spot this and actually
stop it. maybe an entry in Microsofts windows 7 firewall or something.
 Unfortunately, the machine in question is a device used by both sighted and
blind, and its only when I get there and find this inaccessible over active
impossible to remove bit of so called anti virus software that  I get very
annoyed. I want to make it absolutely impossible to install it.
 Any ideas?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.