Re: I think Avast is a virus :-)

Tyler Wood

On 13-Jul-2018 4:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
1. Get Unchecky, install it, and leave it there to do its job.  It's resource footprint is minuscule.

Thank you so much. You made my day. I had no idea something like this existed.

2.  Never take the "typical" install option.  Always choose customize, which gives you the full view of what the installer intends to do at each step, including the installation of other bundled software, so that you can make intentional choices.

You do not need to purchase the paid version of CCleaner, or virtually any "free" program, to avoid the loathsome practice of bundling but you do need to NEVER take the "typical" install, at a minimum, and it's really helpful to use Unchecky in case you might happen to miss one of the checkboxes you'd need to uncheck to avoid having something you don't want installed.

           ~ Richard Dehmel