From: Jackie
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 6:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I think Avast is a virus :-)

In order to uninstall any antivirus software, you first have to stop
the service(s) that it uses. Please go to Control Panel >
Administrative Tools > Services & set any & all services associated
w/the software to disabled. Then stop the service.

I didn't say it wouldn't install Avast when you install CCleaner. But
the
original message said that CCleaner is periodically reinstalled after
being
uninstalled and it didn't say this only happened when a new version of
CCleaner was installed.

If that happened as a general behavior, it would have caused tremendous
outcry from those, sighted and blind, using CCleaner who had mistakenly
installed Avast and then removed it. Where is that outcry?
Also, given the difficulty and inaccessibility of many decline parts of
free
software, I suspect that you thought you had declined it, but didn't.

Companies try to sneak software onto machines but the company that owns
Avast and CCleaner wouldn't damage its reputation by doing something
blatantly illegal such as having Avast installed even when a user
specifically declined the offer. The company has a very good reputation
and, if for no other reason, that's worth a lot of money.