Their system was accessible enough, though some things could be better after signing in, it simply didn't work, when I logged out it was back again for what it was worth but even so.

I guess I should buy it but I only use the manual mode I don't want automatically monitering, I don't clean the registry, shread files, etc just clean junk files.

If there is something that just works I may go for that.

On 7/14/2018 9:35 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
I guess this is the free version that’s doing this

As far as I can see the only way to stop automatic downloads is to buy the ccleaner product

Otherwise it cant be turned off along with all the advertising it pops up now 😃

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: 13 July 2018 21:28
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] I think Avast is a virus :-)

I'm having terrible trouble stopping this anti virus once installed and
removed from making frequent attempts to reinstall itself. I have a
suspicion that Ccleaner is responsible for apparent random downloads in the
background without any input from a user. It then sits there and out of the
blue comes up as installing.

Does anyone know of a third party program that can spot this and actually
stop it. maybe an entry in Microsofts windows 7 firewall or something.
Unfortunately, the machine in question is a device used by both sighted and
blind, and its only when I get there and find this inaccessible over active
impossible to remove bit of so called anti virus software that I get very
annoyed. I want to make it absolutely impossible to install it.
Any ideas?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.