Re: Microsoft Edge is Starting to Grow on Me.

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

You first hit [Windows key]+[s]. Then type in Edge. Highlight the "Microsoft Edge" reference from the listed results, and bring up the context menu. Select "Pin to taskbar" menu option.

Then navigate to the Microsoft Edge shortcut now found on your Taskbar. Bring up the Context menu again and select "Create shortcut."

Windows will display a dialog box saying the following:

"Shortcut  dialog  Windows can't create a shortcut here.
Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?"

You select Yes and then you're done.

On 7/13/2018 4:57 PM, Don H wrote:
I too am trying to use Edge more often.  One question that I can't find the answer to is how to place a shortcut to Edge on the desktop.  I see how to pin it to the start menu and task bar but not to the desktop.  I tried finding the executable file for edge but can't even find that.