Re: I think Avast is a virus :-)

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

We are still assuming that ccleaner is the source, but the point is, for me to get the machine back into pristine condition will be so long winded when its in use every week would not be realistic. It needs to be patched. I bet the dropbox issue is some unregistered dll, and the other issues is a task somewhere charged with pestering the user. Since I have the same ccleaner here at home and have managed to keep sighted people off, it has also done its damage, but thus far I've managed to avoid any reinstalls of avast itself. I'm thinking of adding it to the firewall blocking but its knowing what to add that is the issue, cos I bet its not going to say its avast is it?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I think Avast is a virus :-)

The easiest way is to not install it in the first place.

I guess you will just have to reformat to get rid of it.

Its a pitty ccleaner has gone this way, I still use it because its generally good and all I need to use is its cleaning function and most of the checkboxes are checked by default but to be honest, if this is its reality I don't know.

On 7/14/2018 8:28 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm having terrible trouble stopping this anti virus once installed and removed from making frequent attempts to reinstall itself. I have a suspicion that Ccleaner is responsible for apparent random downloads in the background without any input from a user. It then sits there and out of the blue comes up as installing.

Does anyone know of a third party program that can spot this and actually stop it. maybe an entry in Microsofts windows 7 firewall or something.
Unfortunately, the machine in question is a device used by both sighted and blind, and its only when I get there and find this inaccessible over active impossible to remove bit of so called anti virus software that I get very annoyed. I want to make it absolutely impossible to install it.
Any ideas?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.