Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I think Avast is a virus :-)

Well, the reason for asking here is that having mentioned it in other geeky
places the general reply is. avast is probably one of the best anti virus
programs there is, why would you wish to remove it? People on ordinary lists
etc do not seem to realise the issue it gives blind users.

If nobody is interested I'll not mention it again
 The fact is that I have uninstalled it, used avastclear to remove all
files. Turned off auto updates in ccleaner and adjusted all settings in the
new privacy tab of ccleaner to off so it will not any more share with them.
 There seems, once this is done to be no silly running processes of avast
running in the services as there always is when you just uninstall it.
 I suspect that my sighted colleagues are the problem and if a  little
message comes up their reflex action is to click it so it goes away.
 Hence my question about blocking it completely. Yes I'd need to do an audit
and find out what might be doing it. Ccleaner is very handy however since
what we do does produce a lot of useless files and debris.
 Hope this clears it up.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.