Re: I think Avast is a virus :-)

I will believe that CCleaner installs Avast after the fact and on its own the first time I encounter it, and not before.

I've got 5 machines in my household, and on 4 of them CCleaner is assiduously kept up to date.   I have not yet had it do anything unexpected and there is no business that would be insane enough to risk alienating a massive user base, and creating a PR nightmare, by "deciding for you" after an installation that something else entirely needs to be installed.

I haven't had a bit of trouble with Google Backup & Sync, either.

           ~ Richard Dehmel