Re: I think Avast is a virus :-)

Jackie

Unfortunately, as much as I like Bleeping Computer, their knowledge of
& attentiveness to issues of disability is pretty slim.

I will believe that CCleaner installs Avast after the fact and on its own
the first time I encounter it, and not before.

I've got 5 machines in my household, and on 4 of them CCleaner is
assiduously kept up to date.   I have not yet had it do anything unexpected
and there is no business that would be insane enough to risk alienating a
massive user base, and creating a PR nightmare, by "deciding for you" after
an installation that something else entirely needs to be installed.

I haven't had a bit of trouble with Google Backup & Sync, either.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

   A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for
all humankind.

           ~ Richard Dehmel

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com