Re: I think Avast is a virus :-)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Jackie wrote:
Unfortunately, as much as I like Bleeping Computer, their knowledge of & attentiveness to issues of disability is pretty slim.
Hardly a shock, really.   The entirety of individuals with disabilities that need special access to use computers is the proverbial drop in an ocean.  You are not the target demographic of any general purpose computer support forum.

That being said, it's not the responsibility of random volunteers out there in cyberspace to presume someone asking a question requires any sort of consideration for assistive technology, regardless of the type, unless they identify themselves as such.   Even then, a lot of the questions aren't directly related to issues of access to begin with.  I expect, and have every reason to expect, individuals who are blind to be able to "translate into screen-reader commands" things that are given in point-and-click nomenclature.  I have to translate in the opposite direction, and it's far from difficult.

If your question has something to do with accessibility on a general forum it's not likely to get an answer simply because the number of blind users who go outside groups such as this one are incredibly small.   Any minority has to engage the broader world, as the broader world is not going to seek you out.  'Twas ever thus.

           ~ Richard Dehmel