Re: NVDA focus problem.

John Isige

What does it do? I mean I accept that it's solved the problem for you,
but why?

On 7/14/2018 18:22, Richard Wells wrote:
I cured this by adding the following key and value to my registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"AltTabSettings"=dword:00000001

If you just want a .reg file for merging this into your registry, open
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju6rmd6go0pyune/AltTabSettings.reg?dl=1 and
get it that way. Of course, you should back up your registry before
making this change, though I have modified several Windows 10
computers with this. Again, this advice is free and you get what you
pay for.

On 7/14/2018 2:42 PM, George McCoy wrote:
   Hi John,

I have the same problem.  You have described it perfectly.  It
certainly is annoying.

I'm running windows 10 pro 64 bit on a HP Elitebook 8440W.

George

-----Original Message----- From: John Isige
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA focus problem.

Hi all. I've noticed this for a couple of versions of both NVDA and
Windows 10. When I switch windows with alt-tab, it seems like NVDA
doesn't get full focus. For example, suppose I'm listening to a track,
so I have two windows open, a Windows Explorer window with files, and
Foobar 2000, or Winamp, or whatever media player I'm using. I want to
alt-tab, let's say to turn repeat on or off or to see how much time
remains in the file.

If I do that, it seems like the commands work, but NVDA doesn't read the
window. For instance, right now if I play a song and alt-tab to Winamp's
window, i can hit keys and they work, e.g. 'v' to stop, 'x' to play. But
if I read the window title with NVDA-t, it says "explorer". The title is
read correctly with alt-tab, but when I release alt-tab, I seem to be
both in the window, and not in the window, as it were. The commands for
the program work, but NVDA things, e.g. hitting ctrl-shift-r in Winamp
or Foobar to get the remaining time, don't.

Is there a way to fix this? A different screen resolution or something?
In theory mine's set to 1024/768, unless Windows changed it after an
update. BTW this gets fixed if I alt-tab back to another window, release
alt-tab until that window comes up, and then alt-tab back to the other
window, Foobar or whatever. When I do that it reads like it should and
NVDA commands work and all. That's nothing earth-shattering of course,
but it is fairly annoying, since it happens on a regular basis.