From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Tips for speed reading /listening with screen readers

I have eloquence set to 65 percent 112 words a minute

it took me a couple of years to get my brain trained to under stand the
speech that fast but that is what I have mine set at

On 7/14/2018 2:22 AM, Sociohack AC wrote:
Hello season users of screen readers!
Advice me on this. I'm a student and require to read large texts on
regular basis. Although, this is something I love doing, it would be
very beneficial if I could improve my reading, or shall I say
listening speed, with NVDA. I would like to retain the same level of
comprehension I have right now at higher speeds. I have gradually
moved up my way to 95% without boost in NVDA, so I know it could be
done. But, I'm finding it difficult to move forward. Also, beyond 95%
and in boost mode Espeak MAx starts to flutter. It is still very
comprehensible, but the fluttering voice is annoying. Can you guys
suggest me ways to upgrade my listening game? Do I need to switch to a
different variant voice of Espeak or shall I change my synthesizer? Is
there a cap to how fast can we listen?
All suggestions are welcome!
Also let me know at what speed rates do you guys read your screen
readers on/

Regards
--
check out my song on youtube