Re: Word 2016 crashes often

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

If the PDF had a lot of objects (IE, pictures) that were converted, it might be having trouble interacting with your screen-reader. I noticed this the other month when I converted a very large textbook to word format. At the time, I was using Word 2010, 32-bit. The 64-bit version does a better job of handling much larger files, from what I’ve so far observed, since acquiring Office 2016 64 not long ago. If there are a lot of pics in the document, you could try stripping them out. There are a couple of ways to do this – one involves creating a small macro. I found steps to do this on the web, and I currently can’t remember them. Maybe try find and replace first.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sociohack AC
Sent: July 15, 2018 2:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Word 2016 crashes often

I'm observing, when I convert a book from PDF to word and navigate it using NVDA, the word document crashes after 30-40 minutes approx.  This doesn't happen if I'm working on document which hasn't been converted from some other format, say when I'm writing a report in word itself

  Why is this happening, is this because of NVDA or ms word itself?
Is this because  of the heavily formatted PDFs that I convert to word and word is not able to handle the formatting?
All suggestions are welcome --
Regards,
Sociohack