Re: Is NVDA colourblind?

Mohamed

Actually, I don't think NVDA ever had an emoji dictionary, so any pronunciation oddity is probably the fault of the synthesizer. Though there is an emoji symbols dictionary floating around the web, and that does use somewhat outdated emoji definitions. I personally use a modified version of that dictionary, adding emojis as I find them.

On 7/15/2018 7:13 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
It's not that NVDA is colorblind, but that the emoji database is ridden with anachronisms.  See:

https://emojipedia.org/heavy-black-heart/     and    https://www.emojibase.com/emoji/2764/heavyblackheart

Which, while heavy, is absolutely not black.  It seems that NVDA is reading the terminology that was approved way back in 1993 when this emoji was officially approved, and that the naming was never changed even though the graphic that goes with it certainly has.

           ~ Richard Dehmel