Re: NVDA focus problem.

Quentin Christensen

Are you using alt+tab or windows+tab?  Windows+tab has definitely changed a lot with the timeline etc (although NVDA still works with it), but alt+tab looks and behaves much like it ever has.  I can't reproduce the title bar reading "explorer" myself (either with the latest alpha build or with NVDA 2018.2.1, both on Windows 10 fast insider), but perhaps if someone can, could you try pressing NVDA+F1 to open the log and give information about where the focus is, and if you copy the whole thing and send it to me in an email to info@... I can have a look.

For those having problems, what machine are you running and what other software?  EG, someone mentioned using a HP laptop - they are notorious for filling the notification area with their own little programs and utilities - as all laptop manufacturers do - but at times, some of those can have invisible windows which can cause interesting bugs like this (and since I'm using a vanilla desktop, it would explain why I can't repro it).  Also are you using any anti-virus software other than Windows defender?  That can often cause issues as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi!
On the other hand, it's been out there long enough for screen reading technology to catch up, unless the new way still has inconsistencies, of course. Then it would be Microsoft's turn to fix those in an update.
It is a fact, however, that focus isn't just lost when alt+tabbing but for instance also in many cases when a new window is opened by activating a desktop icon. So alt+tab may be part of the story but it is not comprehensive. In the worst case, alt+tab may be a distraction from a much more basic problem, which just so happens to become exacerbated when alt+tabbing.
Best,
Felix

Richard Wells <richwels@...> schrieb am So., 15. Juli 2018 um 15:31 Uhr:
To a sighted person, the ALT+TAB looks completely different and has a
completely new look and feel. Sadly, it also confuses screen access
technology.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager