From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@ca.inter.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2018 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Word 2016 crashes often

If the PDF had a lot of objects (IE, pictures) that were converted, it might be having trouble interacting with your screen-reader. I noticed this the other month when I converted a very large textbook to word format. At the time, I was using Word 2010, 32-bit. The 64-bit version does a better job of handling much larger files, from what I’ve so far observed, since acquiring Office 2016 64 not long ago. If there are a lot of pics in the document, you could try stripping them out. There are a couple of ways to do this – one involves creating a small macro. I found steps to do this on the web, and I currently can’t remember them. Maybe try find and replace first.