Re: Is NVDA colourblind?

Jonathan COHN

The emoji system is defined as the names our screen readers often read and then it is up to the font creators to display a symbol that represents the definition. A few years back, it became possible to add colors / tints to at least person emoji so that they would be more multi-cultural. I don't know if that is what happens with the hearts too, in that one can apply a shade to heavy black heart to change its visual meaning. Another feature that is possible with emoji is to have more than one at a specific position, and I would not be surprised if screen readers have  difficulty indicating these overloads.  What happens if you ask for the text attributes of the heart?

Best Wishes,

Jonathan Cohn