Re: Jeff's addon repository

Brice Mijares

I prefer one core voices.

On 7/16/2018 9:08 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
I believe jeff's repository has add-ons for both.� I use the software dektalk access 32 add-on myself which I download from there.� I neither know, nor care what it's licencing may be.� It works which is more than can be said for some of the paid commercial synthesizer add-ons for NVDA.
Enjoy,
On July 16, 2018 10:53:59 AM "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote:

I wonder if the dectalk one is the access32, a software dectalk.

Glenn

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Gene
*Sent:* Friday, July 13, 2018 3:45 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Your message may have the effect of discouraging use of add ons that are, as far as I know, legal and probably work.� The kind of notice you are discussing about requiring a synthesizer is for add ons like the Dectalk Express add on.� That add on allows the Dectalk Express to work with NVDA.� You are told in the information for that Add On that you need the Dectalk Express to use it.� The DecTalk Express is an external synthesizer. So of course you need the synthesizer.

I believe there is an add on that allows the Double Talk synthesizer to work as well.� I assume the same warning is given because that is an external synthesizer.

I'm not generalizing in any way about what add ons are current and which ones may or may not work with Windows 10, for example and, of course, NVDA is going to be changing over time and many add ons on that page may not work with new versions of NVDA in the relatively near future.� But we need to be clear about synthesizer add ons. Those that talk about needing a synthesizer are, as I recall the page, for those that work with external synthesizers.