Re: Is NVDA colourblind?

Gene

Pictures representing ideas or objects is not at all the same as symbols representing sounds that are combined to form words.  A picture of a fish representing the ocean is completely different than a symbolic method of writing the sounds in a language that make up the word "ocean."

From: Cristóbal
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA colourblind?

Latin alphabet is nothing more than another form of picture writing. It’s just what we know.

Image/picture writing has existed in advanced cultures in one form or another since forever. Egyptian hieroglyphics, Nahuatl picture writing and you can even consider the Chinese/Japonese form of writing to be image based.

I’m not an emoji fan, but it’s really just another example of everything old is new again.