Re: Admin. Important. On promoting illegal software

Gene

The question isn't whether NVDA has adequate selection of synthesizers nor whether it is free.  The question is whether the list should be exposed to legal liability by the promotion of any kind of illegal software.

If someone promoted illegal software to perform OCR, the same restriction would apply or to an illegal word processing program.

From: ely.r@...
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Admin. Important. On promoting illegal software

Gene

Thanks for this post. I have been wondering over the last few days what the position of the list owner would be on supporting the illegal piracy of software. NVDA comes free to those who cannot afford the cost of a screen reader. NVDA has a more than adequate selection of synthesizers as part of its install. Our visual conditions, whatever they may be, do not include an exemption for theft.

Again thanks for your reminder,

Rick