From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eleni
Vamvakari
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 1:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

I used GW Connect for a while, but now, even the patch doesn't seem to work.
I installed it on one of my machines a few nights ago, but it wouldn't even
let me see my contacts. This is truly sad, as it was great software. I
don't know why Microsoft is forcing everyone to use their software,
especially when it's not even fully accessible!
Usually, I use S Portable, which is a portable version of regular Skype 7 if
I remember correctly. Granted, I don't really like the interface there
either, especially as I have to use Task Manager to close the program, but
at least it's better than the one that my friend has on his laptop! I tried
it and got a headache! Here is the link to S Portable.

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/sportable

Personally, I liked MSN/Windows Live Messenger better than all of the above,
as it was simple, fast, and in its earlier days, didn't include all sorts of
unnecessary features! Now, I must find an accessible alternative to Skype.
*sigh*

All the best,
Eleni

On 16/07/2018, Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote: