From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member (5)

If the sound recorder program in Windows 10 is like the one in Windows 7, it's almost worthless.  In the Windows 7 program, you can't edit and it records in the MP3 format as I recall.  I know you can't choose formats and I know it’s a lossy format. Whether ogg or MP3, its so limited that it's more like a toy.

I don't recall if it even has a pause button and if it resumes recording or overwrites the file if you stop and start it.  What program did you used to use?  If you used the old XP sound recorder, that may still work in Windows 10.  I got it to work in Windows 7.  I can suggest programs to use to create a podcast file and edit it.  For example, you might use a program I have to record the podcast file and then edit with Mp3 Direct Cut.  Both programs will produce MP3 files but, for reasons I won't go into now, it's better to use one program I can discuss for editing and MP3 Direct Cut for editing.