Re: Suggestions for sound recording programs: was, New Member (5)

Gene

Also, will people please change subject lines when the thread changes to the point where it has nothing to do with the original subject.  The subject line still says new member and the discussion is now about audio recorders.  I'm not saying that people should change subject lines if the topic still is reasonably related to the original but this isn't even remotely related. 

I am changing the subject line in this thread with this message.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member (5)

If the sound recorder program in Windows 10 is like the one in Windows 7, it's almost worthless.  In the Windows 7 program, you can't edit and it records in the MP3 format as I recall.  I know you can't choose formats and I know it’s a lossy format. Whether ogg or MP3, its so limited that it's more like a toy. 

I don't recall if it even has a pause button and if it resumes recording or overwrites the file if you stop and start it.  What program did you used to use?  If you used the old XP sound recorder, that may still work in Windows 10.  I got it to work in Windows 7.  I can suggest programs to use to create a podcast file and edit it.  For example, you might use a program I have to record the podcast file and then edit with Mp3 Direct Cut.  Both programs will produce MP3 files but, for reasons I won't go into now, it's better to use one program I can discuss for editing and MP3 Direct Cut for editing.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:02 PM

Hi,

The sound recorder in Windows 10 is called voice recorder. Search for it by using the search feature which you can access by pressing ctrl+escape. It is accessible.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jolene Cardenas
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello once more,

Thank you for your responses, for I enjoyed reading them a lot!

Further specs: My Web browser is the latest version of Firefox (even though a sighted friend told me that Google Chrome was better), my default media player is Windows Media Player 12 (not The Groove Music from Windows 10), and Gmail is the only e-mail source I use.  Since Windows 10 doesn't come with the Sound Recorder program like how previous versions of Windows does, I'm missing it a lot because I use it for Podcasting and other projects.  Can any Windows 10 user recommend any sound-recording program that would work well with it + NVDA?  I'd appreciate your feedback so much.

Just FYI: I have no usable vision in both eyes to read large print so I'm totally dependent on NVDA to do all my reading out loud for me.

Take care, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.