Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Tyler Wood

Lol.

I remember 3.8 had 8 k audio all the time. It has been forever since quality has gone that low on skype for me *since* Microsoft bought it.

Go mobile, even on relatively good LTE, and team talk audio is so bad you can't use it. It takes nothing to make you break up whereas team speak has such a huge buffer you could probably talk in a stereo channel on satellite. Very latent, but doable. I have played around with the transmit interval on team talk to no avail.

I use zoom for work, but have yet to be mobile with it so am curious on how it will handle that. I have a lot of rural areas that get excellent HSPA coverage which should be more than enough for any audio communication, yet team talk struggles like crazy. Frustrating.

On 16-Jul-2018 2:15 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Well I use Skype and TT on my PC not in a mobile environment due to a Android phone that has 8 GB of memory. I do 99.9 percent of my stuff on said PC with a 200 MBPS download speed on my Spectrum connection. Skype technologies SA should never should have sold their souls to the devil AKA MS. V 4.X had great audio. MS broke it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10