Re: New Member (5)

Lino Morales

OK man. I do have One Drive. This will be the first time using it. Thanks.

On 5/22/2016 7:30 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Hi Lino!

Thanks for asking. Yes, doing fine here and happy that were about to end up the summer soon and rainy season will most likely to come. About the Virtual recorder,  This has been shared by one of the member here in the list, but I already forgot it where to find it from my archive. But, if you like I could upload it to my One drive and share it to you I will let you know once the upload process is done and I will give you an off list message. Just give me some time to get it done from here.

Robert Mendoza
On 5/23/2016 6:14 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Do you happened to know the URL for Virtual Recorder Robert? Sounds like a simple app to use. Thanks. Hope life in the Philippines is well.

On 5/22/2016 5:47 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Hi Lino!

The virtual recorder is very straight forward tool to use, you can simply record and stop the recording , and automatically saved it into mp3 format and the saved file often located to path of file folder in the documents.  And for the audacity, the conversion process would take place by exporting it to mp3 however, in order to save it to mp3 you need to install the Lame_v3.99.3_for_Windows.exe. The good feature of audacity is that you can edit and incorporate tracks or the the so called multi-tracking by incorporating other external devices but that is quite advance.

Robert Mendoza
On 5/23/2016 4:42 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Hey Robert. How does Virtual Recorder do with NVDA? Audasity I've used, but I don't like you have to save all your stuff as projects. Thanks.

On 5/22/2016 6:30 AM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Here is my view of points concerning to your message. First about the browser, most of the time I used to work well with Firefox, and which I think is the best and most accessible but again, it may defer your preferences of working you do. Second, about the recording apps that there are the two that is commendable is the audacity and Virtual Recorder these  has its features to saved and you can create mp3 files format.  Those mentioned apps is freeware and at the same time it is doable with nvda. And, lastly, for the email client I often used Thunderbird but Win 10 has this built-in Mail apps where you can save and have it setup your mail whether IMAP or POP account. In the other note, you can play around and explore these mentioned software which gives you an edge to familiarize the shortcut keys and how does it works until you decide which you may think that best fit for your needs. Again, if you have any further question please don't hesitate to message here and surely someone here from the list will helps you.

Robert Mendoza
On 5/22/2016 3:11 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello once more,

Thank you for your responses, for I enjoyed reading them a lot!

Further specs: My Web browser is the latest version of Firefox (even
though a sighted friend told me that Google Chrome was better), my
default media player is Windows Media Player 12 (not The Groove Music
from Windows 10), and Gmail is the only e-mail source I use.  Since
Windows 10 doesn't come with the Sound Recorder program like how
previous versions of Windows does, I'm missing it a lot because I use
it for Podcasting and other projects.  Can any Windows 10 user
recommend any sound-recording program that would work well with it +
NVDA?  I'd appreciate your feedback so much.

Just FYI: I have no usable vision in both eyes to read large print so
I'm totally dependent on NVDA to do all my reading out loud for me.

Take care, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.