Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Sarah k Alawami

Yes you can transfer files. It is called i think send files and media. I do’t need high quality sound to do my job. As long as I can understand my students, I’m good.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:14 PM, Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@...> wrote:

I think that one important feature is to have file transferring available.
Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 2:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

I'm really not sure why everyone is hating on skype. Stereo audio is great and all in recordings. When talking, it's just a frustrating distraction. I just want to talk.

Team talk is nice, but who in the sighted world uses it? Nobody that I know of, so that's a serious limitation for me.

Think skype is bad for screen readers? Try out discord. Tons of unlabeled buttons.

Speaking of audio issues. Team talk has horrific issues if one is using speakers and soundcard does not support echo cancelation or noise suppression, both of which make the audio quality deteriorate so bad you might as well use another service and save your bandwidth, too. For talking, skype handles it wonderfully in comparison and also does a ton better if your internet isn't the greatest.

It is still the king of multi platform, mainstream, and screen reader accessible voice communication. Google is kind of there but I know very few who use it. Team speak is really nice too, supports stereo audio and blows the doors off team talk every which way. I know a few people who use it, but not many. I think whatsapp also supports voice calling. I have never tried it before but would be curious if you could be in calls on the web.

Just my thoughts, for what it's worth.

On 16-Jul-2018 1:38 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

The audio quality is crap. TeamTalk is better for what you want to do.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10