Re: New to list, newbie question, everything new starts here I guess

Hmmm, if you are running 7 and have no need to update right now I suggest you don't.

But if you do, everything is an app,  skype is an app which may or may not work, there are a lot of extra things.

Win10 has come a long way since 7, its faster, its got ribbons and I can't find all the menus I want, as an admin I have found it generally responsive though.

On 7/17/2018 6:43 AM, Rob DeZonia wrote:
Howdy list,

I am running Windows 7. Lately I'm starting to feel like the guy running XP when there's a better option available. I remember when Windows 10 first came out NVDA advised not upgrading yet. I realize that was many Windows 10 updates and a few NVDA releases ago. My question is, since you are all it seems experienced users, should I take the plunge finally? How steep is the learning curve on Windows 10, and is Edge workable with NVDA? Also I'm curious about apps since I've never tried Windows 8.1 either.
Thanks for your help and your attention.