Re: Is NVDA colourblind?

Steve Nutt

Hi,

This is just another case of blind people crying because language doesn’t suit what they want.  We should try to adapt to the real world, rather than complain about language which evolves.

So often do I hear on Facebook for example that blind people whinge because sighted people don’t describe images they post on Facebook, and Facebook doesn’t always have alt text for them.

Well there are plenty of tools on iOS and Android to tell us roughly what those pictures are.

When blind people didn’t know they existed, they didn’t cry about it, now suddenly, because they know an image is there, they complain that all sighted people should write up their images.

In this case, my sympathies are with the sighted people, and we come across as a load of moaners.

And yes, I am totally blind.

Back to Emoji, if you don’t like them, turn them off.

End of rant.

All the best

Steve